The Justice in Policing Act of 2020 is currently heading to congressional vote!
The bill suggests changes to the American system of policing such as:
- Banning chokeholds and no-knock warrants in drug cases
- Creating training programs for officers surrounding racial bias and deescalation tactics
- Mandating the use of body and dashboard camera in federal law enforcement
- Establishing prosecutorial reform, including the eradication of qualified immunity
- Limiting the transfer of military-grade equipment to state and local police along with other measures to prevent police militarization
- Creating a federal registry for police misconduct
- Making lynching a federal crime
To let your Representative and Senators know how you would like them to vote on the Justice in Policing Act of 2020 bill, call 202-224-3121.