In addition to your gift benefiting Temple Jeremiah, you may benefit financially in the following ways:
- Income tax savings through the charitable deduction for the value of a gift;
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on contributions of certain kinds of property that have increased in value over time;
- Life income – for you and/or other members of your family through deferred, life-income plans;
- Potentially greater spendable income with certain arrangements;
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of a gift passing to charity upon your death;
- Reduced estate settlement costs.
In recognition of your generosity, you will become part of the Temple Jeremiah Covenant Society—see members below—created to honor those who support Temple Jeremiah through their estate or financial plans, as well as being listed year long in the Covenant and receiving additional recognition throughout the year.
You can participate in the Create a Jewish Legacy program, which is designed to train and support Chicago’s Jewish day schools, agencies and synagogues in the area of legacy giving. The program — a partnership between the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, the Harold Grinspoon Foundation and the Crown Family — helps ensure the sustainability of our Jewish community for years to come.
Please consult with your own personal financial advisor or attorney prior to making a charitable gift. To participate in Create a Jewish Legacy, let us know if you have already made a legacy gift or for more information on any of the Planned Giving options, please contact Pamela Stauffer at email@example.com or 847.441.5760.