Temple Jeremiah leadership, professional and volunteer, has been in constant communication as more information and guidance has come through from the CDC and the WHO, as well as local authorities. At this time, while there are no cases of COVID-19 at Temple, we have decided to exercise extreme prudence and will be discontinuing programming at the temple through April 1st when we will reevaluate whether or not to resume programming. The health and safety of our community is our primary concern.
Here is what this will mean for the next few weeks:
- Rabbi Cohen, Rabbi Heaps, Cantor Lewis Friedman, Dr. Anne Lidsky, and Danny Glassman will all be available during this time to guide, support and help in every way that we can. For your convenience, you can contact us at:
- Rabbi Cohen – Rabbi@TempleJeremiah.org, cell: 224-717-9165
- Rabbi Heaps – RabbiHeaps@TempleJeremiah.org, cell: 914-393-7970
- Cantor Friedman – Cantor@TempleJeremiah.org, cell: 917-536-0411
- Dr. Anne Lidsky – Anne@TempleJeremiah.org, cell: 847-209-2535
- Danny Glassman – Danny@TempleJeremiah.org, cell: 847-809-9737
- Religious School will be closed as of this Sunday (March 15th).
- Worship will continue on Friday night and Shabbat morning in person in addition to the live stream. We also have an electronic copy of our prayer book, Mishkan T’fillah that you can use to follow our worship.
- However, our 8:30 a.m. T’fillah will be canceled. We encourage you to participate via our livestreamed services on our website.
- Torah Study will be held virtually, using www.zoom.com. A link will be sent out and available on the temple calendar on our website. For a quick tutorial from Rabbi Heaps on how to access the correct zoom link through our calendar, visit the video on our temple YouTube channel.
- All temple meetings will be held by video conference. No meetings will be held at the temple.
Again, we ask you to:
- Go onto your ShulCloud Account as soon as you can to make sure your contact information is up to date and that we have your cell phone number/email. If we need to communicate with you, we need to be sure we have your correct contact information.
- Check our website for status updates.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rabbi Cohen, Danny Glassman, or Barbara Miller. Each member of our staff is here for you. Our tradition teaches us that Kol Yisrael arivim zeh l’zeh, each of us is responsible for one another. Each of us are a part of this community to draw strength from one another, to care for one another, and to support one another.
A closing thought I learned from Rabbi Yosef Kanefsky of B’nai David-Judea Congregation in Los Angeles:
“Every hand that we don’t shake must be a phone call that we place. Every embrace that we avoid must become a verbal expression of warmth and concern. Every inch and every foot that we physically place between ourselves and another, must become a thought as to how we might be of help to that other, should the need arise.”
Rabbi Paul F. Cohen Danny Glassman Barbara Miller
Senior Rabbi Executive Director Temple President