2017-2018 School Registration
Registration is now OPEN for the school year of 5778 (2017-2018). ONLINE ONLY
Religious School is for all students in grades Pre K-10th
Session I meets 9:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. for grades Kindergarten through 6th
Session II meets 11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. for grades 4th through 10th
Pre-Kindergarten (children who will be entering Kindergarten in the Fall of 2018) will meet during Session I only in a Parent Tot setting.
7th Grade will meet weekly, Sundays from 11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
8th, 9th & 10th Grades (Pre-Confirmation & Confirmation) will meet weekly on Sundays during Session II.
Hebrew classes, for children in grades 3rd through 6th, take place one day per week, you may choose either
- Monday class 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday class 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- 3rd grade, Aleph Hebrew is only for those not enrolled in the Combination class on Sunday
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
We would like to give everyone their first choice, but cannot always accomplish that task. Teacher recommendations, availability, class sizes that are educationally sound, are only a few guidelines used when putting class lists together. Please, to avoid disappointment, go online and register immediately. Once our Hebrew and Religious school classes fill, they will be closed and you will need to accept the alternate day/ session.
I would personally like to request from you any information that might offer some insight into your child’s special needs or anything we should know. We certainly understand when parents sometimes withhold information about special education needs. However, that is often not in your child’s best interest. Alerting a teacher to a child who receives Special Ed services, for example, can mean that the teacher gives more individual attention and understanding. Some children try to cover their problems with negative behavior. It is much better to see the child as someone with a specific need rather than as a behavior problem. We want your child to be happy here and need your cooperation and support. Please let us know if your child wants to be placed with a friend (or two, max). We cannot promise this placement, but we will try.
Monday Hebrew school classes will begin on September 11, 2017
Wednesday Hebrew school classes will begin on September 13, 2017
Religious school classes will begin on Sunday, September 17, 2017
Religious School (fees paid by July 31, 2017)
Grades K – 7th (meeting weekly)
$550 per student
$400 per student
Grade 10 Confirmation (meeting weekly)
$620 per student
Combination Religious/Hebrew for 3rd grade (Sundays)
$1,100 per student
Hebrew School (fees paid by July 31, 2017)
First – Fourth Year Hebrew (meeting weekly)
3rd through 6th grades: $550 per student
*after July 31st a $50 processing fee will be assessed per class
Parent Tot: Parents/grandparents with children entering Kindergarten Fall of 2018 (meeting six times/year) $140
Post Confirmation with Rabbi Cohen, meeting on Sundays, 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. (meeting six times/year) $36
Please be sure to update your financial status with bookkeeping prior to registration. If there is a previous balance, this must be addressed before your child can be placed in a class.
Registration, once again, will only be online. There are no forms (except for College Connection).
To begin, you must go to our website, www.templejeremiah.org
- On the top of the home page, you will see “Member Login.” Click on this and you will be at the sign-in page.
- Enter your email (primary) as your ID and then your password. If you do not have or cannot remember your password you have two options:
- Click the link to retrieve your password by email; or
- Call the school office.
- Sign-in. The next page will offer you a white column on the left.
- Click on “School Registration”
This will begin your registration process.
- Each page must be completed before you can move on to the next.
- Each child and each class will be registered separately.
- Please be sure to include any concerns you have for your child’s health: mental, emotional, physical, or anything that could be helpful for our teaching staff (including any allergies).
- Do not omit the name of the school your child will be attending in the fall.
- Document any special requests you have regarding friendships, teaching preferences, etc.
- If your child has an email address it would be helpful for us to have that as well.
Please contact Sheila@templejeremiah.org if you have any questions or concerns with your registration.
Keep in mind, if you have a specific day/session needs, it is best to register early. I know many people are waiting to get schedules for their child’s activities, but please don’t wait. Choose the one you want now and we will make the change if need be when you get your schedules.
One more thing: If you have a financial concern, register with the deposit ($50 per class) and contact Danny Glassman to arrange a payment schedule. Don’t hesitate to register until last minute- your preferred session, class or friendship request may not be possible.