COVID UPDATE – AUGUST 11, 2021
We continue to keep Pikuach Nefesh, the preservation and protection of life, front, and center in all of our planning and decision making. This one command supersedes almost every other command in our Jewish tradition. We are committed to informing you of updates to Temple safety policies for gathering in worship, study and Tikkun Olam as the situation evolves.
The COVID-19 Advisory Task Force met on August 10th, and reviewed our current operating procedures, along with data from the CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). We are making the following updates that more closely align with the current recommendations by the CDC and the State of Illinois.
- Effective August 12th, we will be requiring anyone in our building to be masked.
- There are two exceptions to note.
- Individuals leading/participating in our worship experiences from the bima may remove their masks as long as they are fully vaccinated.
- Staff working individually in their enclosed offices may remove their masks while working.
- For our J-Quest Program, we will exercise, where possible, physical distancing of three feet.
- Temple Jeremiah will continue its current policy of not offering onegs, kiddushes, or food service in our building. Grab and go meals/snacks will be permitted as long as they are not eaten inside.
All our other policies will remain in place until further notice.
The COVID-19 Advisory Task Force will be meeting in the coming weeks to determine if any additional updates are in order. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Temple Jeremiah COVID-19 Advisory Task Force
Scott A. Levin, MD, President
Barbara Miller, Immediate Past President
Ed Shapiro, Legal Counsel
Cory Franklin, MD
Charles Ieuter, Insurance Advisor
Rabbi Paul F. Cohen, D.Min., D.D.
Danny Glassman, Executive Director