During the school year, I almost always feel like I am in a state of stress. I am the only social worker in a public high school in the city with over 1,400 students. School starts at 7:45am, I usually leave work around 5:30pm, then rush to get the kids at after care, cook dinner, help the kids with homework, bath, etc. My kids are 6 and 8 years old, they are adorable and I love them greatly, but they are utterly exhausting.
It’s all about perspective though. I know I am not unique. This is the life of a working mom. I am grateful that I have a job (and that I love what I do), that I have healthy children, and that I have a devoted husband who gets my children dressed, fed, and to school every morning, washes the dishes every night, and helps do laundry and other tasks. But I forget these things sometimes-unless I slow down and make a conscious effort to connect to God. I love the month of Elul and the High Holy Days because it forces me to look back on the past year and reflect. It humbles me. Overall it was a very good year. This coming year I want to remember more often that all is well. I want to slow down more and enjoy each moment. I want to connect more with others and to be more patient and loving with every one who comes into my life, especially my family. I want to be more tolerant of people and judge less. I want to strengthen my spirituality. I have faith that God will give me the strength to face the stress and chaos in my life, but I also know that it takes work to face it with grace.
- An Update on the Refugee Sisters You Helped Sponsor - December 21, 2017
- Adult Hebrew Class - December 5, 2017
- Say Yes to Supporting Temple Jeremiah - November 28, 2017
- Moving from Divisions to Dialogue- A Conversation with Laurie Grauer - November 8, 2017
- Announcement from Adam Kahan - November 7, 2017
- Annual Noni Dodge Blood Drive - October 13, 2017
- Will You Say Yes? - September 27, 2017
- Jeremiah Gems- Rabbi Rick Jacobs - September 19, 2017
- Jeremiah Gems- Lisa Guralnick - September 17, 2017
- Jeremiah Gems- Norma Brown - September 16, 2017