Temple Jeremiah offers a variety of opportunities to make meaningful donations. All donations are tax-deductible. To learn more, contact the temple office at 847.441.5760.
To make a secure online donation, click on the appropriate link below, select the fund, the tribute type, and where to send the notification.
Please note the following:
- Several donations may be made at the same time to multiple funds.
- Unless you tell us you wish to remain anonymous, an acknowledgement card will be sent on your behalf and your name will be listed in the Covenant, our monthly bulletin.
- The amount of your donation will not be disclosed to the card recipient.
- If you need assistance using our donation program, please call Jill at 847.441.5760 during office hours.
Please remember us in your will or estate plan. If you have already included Temple Jeremiah in your estate plan, please let us know. For more information, please contact Danny Glassman at 847.441.5760 ext. 102 or at Daniel@templejeremiah.org.
- Temple Jeremiah Annual Fund: Supports operating costs and offsets the cost of making membership accessible to all, regardless of ability to pay
- Backpack Blessings Program: Helps provide food for school children in need
- Bill and Norma Brown Fund for Lifelong Learning: Enhances adult education programs
- Building Maintenance Fund: Helps support capital improvements to our physical plant
- Cantor Amy J. Zussman Fund for Music: Enhances music and adult programming
- Caring Community Fund: Supports congregants in need of meals, rides, shiva assistance, or emotional support
- Eat and Be Well (Social Justice): Supports a hospital-based food pantry that provides fresh produce and lean meats to food insecure outpatients
- Education Fund: Enhances Hebrew and Religious School programs
- Endowment Fund: Ensures the long-term sustainability of the congregation
- Family Promise (Social Justice): Helping to provide temporary housing, meals, and services for homeless families three times annually
- Feed the Hungry (Social Justice): Helps provide food for homeless individuals and families
- Fern M. Kamen Fund for Youth: Sustains ongoing support of youth activities
- Goldberg Family Fund for Special Needs Programming: Creates and supports separate and inclusive programs for individuals with special needs and their families
- InterAct Fund for Youth Programing: Supports youth group social action and social justice trips
- Marshall B. & Viola R. Schwimmer Library Fund: Purchases books and periodicals
- Outreach Fund (Interfaith Community Programming): Supports activities by the Outreach Committee
- Prayer Book Fund: Purchases and maintains prayer books
- Social Justice Fund: Supports ongoing social justice initiatives within the community
- Stanley Golder Interfaith Initiative Fund: Supports the annual Stanley C. Golder Interfaith Initiative
- Toddie Gray Scholarship Fund: Supports a scholarship for an incoming college freshman each year
- Rabbi Paul F. Cohen Discretionary Fund
- Rabbi Rachel L. Heaps Discretionary Fund
- Adam Kahan Discretionary Fund
Members who make cumulative gifts to Temple Jeremiah of $720 or more in excess of their annual financial commitment will be welcomed in our Circles of Giving. Circles of Giving members will be listed in the Covenant and receive additional recognition throughout the year. Of course, donations of any amount are always welcome.
The giving levels in our Circles of Giving program are:
Chai Circle: $720-$1,799
Tzedek Circle: $1,800-$3,599
Simcha Circle: $3,600+
If you wish to create a permanent remembrace of your loved ones, please consider commemorating their names on Temple Jeremiah’s Memorial Wall. This beautiful wall provides an opportunity to remember those who touched our lives but are no longer with us. Ordering a yahrzeit name plaque as a “living memorial” perpetuates the memory of a loved one. It serves as an especially significant recognition and an ever present reminder of important people in our lives. For more information and to order a plaque, please click here.
Wall of Life
A Wall of Life leaf is a meaningful way to share your happy occasion with the temple community in a lasting way. It permanently marks a celebration such as a birth, Bar or Bat Mitzvah, Confirmation, special birthday, wedding, or anniversary. For more information and to order a leaf, please click here.
For questions about Memorial Wall plaques or Wall of Life leaves, please contact Jill Nutkis at email@example.com or 847.441.5760.
You may commemorate a special event such as an anniversary or Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or honor the memory of a loved one by placing your name in our Siddur, Mishkan Tefilah, or The Torah: A Modern Commentary. Donation amount for the Mishkan Tefilah is $36 and $72 for the Torah Commentary. For more information and to order a book, please click here.
Planned Giving provides a unique opportunity for you to support Temple Jeremiah’s mission. Every gift – large or small – is an expression of your belief that the temple has a significant impact on you, the congregation and the community.
In addition to your gift benefiting Temple Jeremiah, you may benefit financially in the following ways:
- Income tax savings through the charitable deduction for the value of a gift;
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on contributions of certain kinds of property that have increased in value over time;
- Life income – for you and/or other members of your family through deferred, life-income plans;
- Potentially greater spendable income with certain arrangements;
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of a gift passing to charity upon your death;
- Reduced estate settlement costs.
It is highly recommended that you consult with your own tax and legal advisors prior to making a charitable gift. To participate in Planned Giving or for more information on any of the Planned Giving options, please contact Executive Director Daniel Glassman at 847.441.5760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.