Women of Jeremiah
About the Women of Jeremiah
Women of Jeremiah is an organization of women of all ages who enjoying working together to enhance and enrich the lives of its members, the temple and the community at large. At Temple Jeremiah, we have a strong, vibrant and active group.
Our programming is designed for women who work both inside and outside the home.
Upcoming Women of Jeremiah events:
Register for Women’s Night Out here.
Save the Date for the Women’s Shabbat:
Friday, February 9, 2018
Plus Women’s Torah Study Prep on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 and Challah Baking on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
We fulfill our mission through:
- Women’s Programming and Self-Enrichment Programs
- Nutrition Classes
- Stress Management Classes
- Cooking Programs
- Art Programs
- Religious and Spiritual Programming
- Women’s Seder
- Women of Jeremiah Shabbat
- Torah Study
- Women’s Retreat
- Social Action Activities And Philanthropic Activities
- CJE Activities
- Keshet’s Gadol Program
- YES Fund
- Chanukah Gifts for the Underprivileged
- The ARK Food and Clothing Drive
- Educational Programming
- Bar & Bat Mitzvah Gifts
- Youth Group Support
- Confirmation Gifts
- Lectures and Discussions
- Center for Learning Sponsorship
- Social Activities
- Nights Out
- Golf Outing
Women of Jeremiah offers a variety of avenues to help those in need. Various programs take place each year, resulting in charitable contributions to many fine organizations.
- Proceeds from sales of the annual High Holy Day Challah Sale go to MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger.
- The High Holy Day Food Drive more than fills The ARK’s trailer each year.
- Women of Jeremiah’s Chanukah Mitzvah Project, the “Wish Tag Program,” generates gifts for clients of the Jewish Child and Family Services and The ARK during the holiday season.
- The sale of a cookbook raised funds for software at the Waukegan School District, as part of Temple Jeremiah’s campaign to benefit the students there.
- Our Annual Women’s Seder supports SHALVA, an agency which works to prevent domestic abuse in Jewish households.
Please join us and be a part of this very unique and involved community within the Temple Jeremiah family. We warmly welcome anyone who wants to play a part — small or large — in this outstanding group of women.
If you do not choose to actively participate in Sisterhood events, please support us by paying your dues and supporting our main fundraising effort — the Temple Jeremiah Gift Shop. It’s a wonderful place to find unique gifts for every occasion.
Please support us and help us continue in our mitzvah efforts and expanding our excellent programming.