To make a secure online donation, click on the appropriate link below, select the fund, the tribute type, and where to send the notification.
Please note the following:
- Several donations may be made at the same time to multiple funds (one person/occasion designated per donation).
- Unless you tell us you wish to remain anonymous, an acknowledgement card will be sent on your behalf and your name will be listed in our monthly bulletin
- The amount of your donation will not be disclosed to the card recipient.
- If you need assistance using our donation program, Temple Jeremiah staff will be happy to help you. Call (847) 441-5760 during office hours and ask to speak with Jill.
- Temple Jeremiah Annual Fund: Supports operating costs and offsets the cost of making membership accessible to all, regardless of ability to pay
- Education Fund: Enhances Hebrew and Religious School programs
- The Bill and Norma Brown Fund for Lifelong Learning: Enhances adult education programs
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) Family Sponsorship: Provides financial support to a refuge family sponsored by the Temple Jeremiah community
- Fern M. Kamen Fund for Youth: Sustains ongoing support of youth activities
- Joseph H. Goldberg Family Fund for Special Needs Programming
- Stanley Golder Interfaith Initiative Fund: Supports the annual Stanley C. Golder Interfaith Initiative
- Cantor Amy J. Zussman Fund for Music: Enhances music programs, adult choir, junior choir, and High Holy Days
- Temple Jeremiah Endowment Fund
- Building Maintenance Fund: Helps support capital improvements to our physical plant
- InterAct Fund: Supports youth group social action and social justice trips
- Social Justice Fund: Supports social justice projects
- Backpack Blessings Program: Helps provide food for school children in need
- Feed the Homeless Program: Helps provide food for homeless individuals and families
- Family Promise Program: Supports homeless families
- Toddie Gray Scholarship Fund: Supports a scholarship fund for an incoming college freshman each year
- Caring Community Fund: Supports congregants in need of meals, rides, shiva assistance, or emotional support
- Outreach Fund (Interfaith Community Programming): Supports activities by the Outreach Committee
- Marshall B. & Viola R. Schwimmer Library Fund: Purchases books and periodicals
- Prayer Book Fund: Purchases and maintains prayer books
- Rabbi Paul F. Cohen Discretionary Fund
- Rabbi Emily E. Segal Discretionary Fund
- Adam Kahan Discretionary Fund
- Women of Jeremiah Programming Fund
- Ernie Bloch Memorial Tzedakah Fund (Brotherhood)
Circles of Giving is a way to lend support to Temple Jeremiah and fellow congregants facing hardship in these trying economic times. Families with the ability to help have an exciting new opportunity to contribute to the long-term health of the Temple and at the same time lend a hand to fellow congregants who cannot meet their full Annual Financial Commitment.
Circles of Giving is also a way for the temple to recognize those generously giving of themselves.
Chai Circle: $720-$1,799
Tzedek Circle: $1,800-$3,599
Simcha Circle: $3,600+
Circles of Giving members will be listed in the Covenant and receive additional recognition throughout the year. Of course, donations of any amount are always welcome.
If you wish to create a permanent remembrace of your loved ones, please consider commemorating their names on Temple Jeremiah's Memorial Wall. This beautiful wall provides an opportunity to remember those who touched our lives but are no longer with us. Ordering a yahrzeit name plaque as a "living memorial" perpetuates the memory of a loved one. It serves as an especially significant recognition and an ever present reminder of important people in our lives. For more information and to order a plaque, click here.
Wall of Life
A Wall of Life leaf is a meaningful way to share your happy occasion with the temple community in a lasting way. It permanently marks a celebration such as a birth, Bar or Bat Mitzvah, confirmation, special birthday, wedding, or anniversary. For more information and to order a leaf, click here.
You may commemorate a special event such as an anniversary or Bar/Bat Mitzvah or honor the memory of a loved one by placing your name in our Siddur, Mishkan Tefilah, or The Torah: A Modern Commentary. Donation amount for the Mishkan Tefilah is $36 and $72 for the Torah Commentary. For more information and to order a book, click here.
Planned Giving provides a unique opportunity for you to support Temple Jeremiah's mission. Every gift - large or small - is an expression of your belief that the temple has a significant impact on you, the congregation and the community.
In addition to your gift benefiting Temple Jeremiah, you may benefit financially in the following ways:
- Income tax savings through the charitable deduction for the value of a gift;
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on contributions of certain kinds of property that have increased in value over time;
- Life income - for you and/or other members of your family through deferred, life-income plans;
- Potentially greater spendable income with certain arrangements;
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of a gift passing to charity upon your death;
- Reduced estate settlement costs.